Kyall is Head of Venturing at Bupa Australia and Founder of The Ageing Decelerator, a network of Angels, Advisors and Experts supporting early stage founders exploring Healthy Ageing and Longevity Technologies.
1. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
Pharmacist – my friend's dad was one and they had everything a kid could ever want in their house.
2. Where in the world are your family roots?
Australian for some time now – great grandparents coming from the UK.
3. Are there any older people in your life who shaped your path and character? If so, who?
Absolutely my grandparents. I spent a lot of time with them before starting school, and on weekends.
4. What is your best / earliest / strongest memory of this person?
I have really fond memories of spending time with my grandfather, in his bungalow workshop, listening to kids music on his old record players, and banging nails into the gaps between the wooden floors. I spent months on this project.
5. What is a quote / something they always say / said?
‘Such is life said Ned’
6. What is the most valuable thing you learned from them?
Soft skills – just being together, caring for each other, and being proud of your family. They were so proud of myself, my sister and my cousins just for who we were. Our achievements were their achievements – it was really selfless love and unconditional support.
7. Kids these days will never know the simple pleasure of …
… waiting patiently.
8. What do you hope your grandkids will say about you one day?
A good person, who made the world a better place, and made people smile along the way.
9. If you could pick from the Tree for Knowledge and solve one problem, what would it be?